Friday, July 25, 2008

I want to help...

I have decided that its time for me to do something that I have wanted to do for a long time. I have always heard stories from people who have done it or know people that have done it and now its my turn. There are a bunch of different organizations that go to different 3rd world countries and work in orphanages, build communities, and educate the people of these different places. I want to do it, I am going to do it. The hard part is just finding the right people to go with. It would be great if there was a group through the church but I haven't been able to find one. I have researched a bunch but there are SO many groups. Any ideas or suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is so awesome and I fully support that! I went to Ecuador with a group called Charity Anywhere, but the real connection was with the Huntsmans who used to live in my home ward in Richfield. They were the contact here, and that's how I found out about it. It was for 2 weeks. In College I almost went to Costa Rica or Africa with a group but I can't remember their names! My cousin's husband used to work for a local company that mostly did China, etc, so I can ask him as well. How fun, good luck!

Kylene said...

I'm sure if you go onto Oprah's website, there'll be a slew of links to those type of organizations! ;) Good ole' Oprah. BTW, I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear about your experiences during that time!