Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Phew!!!

There is a great amount on relief that comes with facing fears. I told my boss, amidst all the chaos that has consumed my office that I am quitting.

I have been contemplating for several months, whether or not I should move home. Do I really want to? Am I ready to leave California? What am I going to do there? Do I go to California, or Colorado? What is the right thing for me right now?

I decided that it is time to go. That the things that I came to do here are done. Did things turn out exactly like I had planned or hoped they would? No, but I have no regrets. I came here to follow my dreams. I met great people. I was involved in great things. I have grown tremendously as a person and I have learned a lot about the things that are really important to me. I know that nothing is more important to me right now than being near my family and the people that mean the most to me.

I don't have a plan. Over the course of the last 18 months, I have learned that sometimes it's okay not to know what is next for you. Sometimes you just have to take it one day at a time and see what doors open before you.

I am sad to be leaving the relationships I have built, the perfect year-round weather, the beautiful beaches, the inspiring artists I have looked up to, and the crazy people on the buses. There are so many things that I am going to miss but I will never forget the things I have learned and the friends I have met.

This change is bittersweet. I am sad to be leaving so much behind but I am excited about the things that await.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Good for you bug. I will be SOOO SOOO SOOO very happy to have you here. I need a sister.

Kylene said...

I'm so happy that you went out there and had some life experiences and can now take what you've learned with you onto the next chapters of your life! :) Planning a stopover in UT? ;) Love you, Miss Haley!

Jess said...

I want to see you!

Just Us said...

Yeah!!!

M. Owen said...

I can hardly wait to welcome you home with open arms! YOU ARE ALWAYS Welcome home!........we have had many houses, but like I have said before, home is when your mama is!
XOXOXO
MOM

Michelle said...

Hurray! I am happy that you got to go and I am happy that you decided to come back, and well, if Grand Junction doesn't pan out there is always room for another cousin under the stairs! Love you Bug!