Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day...

to all the fathers in my life.

I have been blessed with great men in my life. Men that I know I was meant to learn and grow from. To have around at the times when my own Dad wasn't around.

The bishops of my singles wards, such great men. Bishop Brown, Bishop Lamereaux and Bishop Eastland- are some of the greatest men I know. They are inspired. They are uplifting and knew what I needed and just how to say it. I have been blessed by their example and their love. Happy Father's Day!

EJ Corry, Allen Olsen, and Brian Seitzinger- other "dads" that have been there for me, setting great examples, welcoming me into their homes, and giving me blessings and guidance when I needed it most. Happy Father's Day.

Dan. I couldn't have picked a greater man to walk with us, to love us and to care for us just as my own Dad would have done. He gives unselfishly, wants nothing but happiness for us. He wants to make our dreams a reality, for us to believe in ourselves, and to love ourselves and get everything we deserve.

Happy Father's Day!

My Dad. I still miss you. I am so grateful that I got you for my Dad. Even though it was only for a short while. I am who I am because of you. I am better because of you. I am grateful for your example and that I am not a daughter of a father who's love I have to question. I KNOW you loved me and my sisters more than anything. But I hate that you are gone. My heart aches for you. To feel your arms wrap tightly around me. To hold your big hard working hands. To see your big wide smile across your face every time you saw one of your girls, a little baby or a sweet old lady. To hear your voice belting out songs about bull-legged women. To fall asleep in your arms. To hear you snoring. To hear you say "I love you" just one more time. I need you.

Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

M. Owen said...

I am so grateful to all of the fathers in your life. They have all been so good to you!
XOXO
Mom