Sunday, December 28, 2008

A New Way in the New Year

2008 has come and gone as 2009 approaches

I have done a lot of thinking about the things that await in the new year.
It excites me.

There will be a lot of changes,
some expected some not.

But in either case I look forward to it in much anticipation.

I hope that 2009 brings:

happiness
health
opportunity for growth
adventure
peace
gratitude
patience
knowledge
love

Inspired by Jim Carrey in 'Yes Man', a CD and a commencement address, that I randomly came across. I have decided against making any New Years Resolutions and that instead I will be making a change to my attitude and my approach to life.

I will start "living fearlessly in a fearful world". I will say "yes" to new opportunities. To things that I don't like. To things outside my comfort zone. To things that I fear.

This will be a year of growth in many ways that are unknown.
And I am looking forward to each day.


I am grateful for the things that 2008 brought.

I have learned what it means to live, to love, to lose.

I have grown as a woman.

I have grown as daughter of God.

I have learned from my mistakes.

I have learned to go with my gut, in spite of what I want.

I have learned the importance of family and what it means to "be there".

I have witnessed miracles in the midst of the storm.

I have learned that almost 5 years later, I still miss you.

I have learned to rely on the Holy Ghost and my Heavenly Father through the good and the bad.

I have learned that my plan isn't always the best plan.

I have learned that things always work out for my own good.

I have learned what it means to follow the prophet, blindly because you don't always understand.

I have learned the importance of education.

I have learned and grown more in the last 12 months than I ever thought I could and I will only learn and grow more in 2009.

No comments: