Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy 53rd B-day Daddy!



Bear Hugs and Baby Toes

Whenever I see
a mischievious grin,
twinkling eyes
or tiny baby toes-

Whenever I hear
a belly-busting-laugh,
a silly joke,
a child's laugh or cry-

Whenever I get
a big bear hug,
a kiss on the cheek,
or a squeeze-till-it-hurts-

Whenever it's March,
or even Springtime,
a birthday party,
or Happy Easter-

Whenever I drink
a glass of ice water,
open a bottle of mustard,
or put on a bandanna-

Whenever I see
a Batman in ink,
a beautiful girl
in a hardware store-

Whenever I hear
a song from an angel,
giggles from tickles,
or a laugh-until-you-cry,

Whenever I feel
the sincerity of a kind heart,
or soft hands that know
just where to snip-

I fondly remember
big-hearted,
sentimental and tender,
fun-loving Matt-

Now and forever
a protector, a guardian,
an angel armed
with bullhorn, taser and siren-

Watching over his precious
amazing and beautiful,
ever courageous,
Katie, Julie and Haley.

Written by Aunt Michelle

Happy Birthday Dad. We miss you more than ever
and wish you were here to celebrate with us.
Love you forever and always,
Your "sun-shine"

1 comment:

Liz said...

Happy Birthday to your dad! What a special person he is. We sure do miss him too!
liz