Tuesday, April 1, 2008

All in a Year

I have learned the importance of direction. How important it is to know North from South, East from West, and how easy it is to lose your sense of direction in an unfamiliar place.

I have a new appreciation for feet and how valuable they are.

Listening to the waves crash really does seem to take away all your worries.

I have seen the sadness in so many people's faces. I would like to tell them the simple secret that would give purpose to their life, understanding of who they are, where they come from and what they are truly capable of, and hope for many wonderful things to come.


I can tell you how to get anywhere in LA by bus.


I have seen so many young people who carelessly throw their lives away, for very little temporary satisfaction.


I have a new love for frozen yogurt! PINKBERRY IS pretty much THE BEST THING EVER!


I have met many people who are inspiring. They are here following their dreams and believe so much in themselves that they really will make it. I wish we all had that kind of confidence.


I have learned just how disgusting cigarettes really are.

Eating outdoors at a restaurant all year long is wonderful.

I have yet to figure out how people live in million dollar homes, drive multiple luxury cars, wear only designer clothes/handbags/shoes/sunglasses, travel all over the world, provide their children with all of the same, and never work.

I have learned how important it is to have a voice, get involved, and use voting as a way to voice your opinion.


Having blue skies pretty much all year long really goes make life seem better.


I miss having a lawn to lie on.

It is perfectly OK to be 25 and NOT married. It does NOT make you an "old maid".

It sure doesn’t feel like Christmas when its 70 degrees outside.


Weekend brunch makes the weekends seem a little more relaxing.

There are so many great things about living in LA, but the hardest thing is being away from my fam and my friends back home. Being with my family means more to me than having my dream job.

I am grateful that I have survived out here an entire year. I have learned a lot about who I am and what I am capable of. What started out as a 10 WEEK deal has turned into 1 incredible YEAR, that I will always look back on, and never regret.

6 comments:

kate said...

yay for 25 year old "old maids"! and for all that you have learned. way to make memories and better yourself. you are way ahead of most people. sdly.

Julie said...

A-freakin-men on Pinkberry. We might just have to go there this weekend. And yay for you and all your accomplishments this past year. You are sure amazing. SDLY

Just Us said...

I guess I missed the pinkberry boat. you are so great!

Lucy Wall said...

You blog is amazing!!!!!!! I am so glad you are doing well out there. I am also glad now I can keep up with your fun life!!! Take care of yourself hun...your awesome!!!

Katie Lane said...

That was so fun to read! Your blog is way fun. It really has been forever since we've talked or even seen each other. I think I'm still actually getting glitter out of my bed... what fun adventures I'm sure you are having in LA! When are you coming home to visit, we should really get together I'd love to chat with you!

Jess said...

I miss you like Crazy!