Tuesday, April 29, 2008

For over 6 years I have known you and hoped for things that would never happen. My idea were simple and perfect.
You were everything I could have ever wanted or imagined , but it wasn't just you, it was everything about that I wanted for y fairytale ending. It started out simple, a surprise start to a friendship that I would later count on for support when there was no one else. I was shocked, flattered and excited about it. This simple friendship that would soon stretch and grow so strong over 1,469 miles, was a blessing. Not just for me. As time passed on, things changed. We got older, life got complicated and it seemed distance had somewhat stretched this friendship a little too thin. The unexpected happened. Not just in my life but in yours too. I knew that it was all in the plan. That this was a stepping stone for our friendship. But the thing that was supposed to bring us together, for comfort, support, and understanding that no one else knew, tore us apart. Afraid to feel, we hid and ran away. My heart broke for you. I wanted to help, but you can't help someone that won't accept it. My arms were not long enough to reach you. The further I reached, the further you were. My ideas became distorted, and I was afraid. But my ideas held strong in my mind.
I have been waiting, patiently. Of that I think you are completely unaware, but it's true. I would have given up anything, at any moment but I guess it doesn't matter now. Cause I am throwing in the towel. I can't take it anymore. I need to give in and let go. Things change, people change, and it always happens when you least expect it, or maybe I expected too much.
Now I am here, and you are there and distance separates us once again. It's time for me to bury your piece of my heart and move on. I can't change the way things are, I never could. I have done my part, I did what I could, now it's up to you.

No comments: