Friday, May 2, 2008

Pure Yumminess!!!!


So our friend Annie came over last night for dinner and made some yummy dessert. She made Key Lime Pie. I love Key Lime Pie. I have never tried to make it. I always thought it would be difficult or time consuming to make. But I am wrong. There are probably a million different recipes and ways to make it but the recipe she has was so good and so easy, only 3 ingredients!

1/2 c. fresh squeezed lime juice
1 can of sweetened condensed milk (she used fat free)
1 reg. size cool whip (also used fat free)

Mix it all until it is completely smooth and pour into a pre-made graham cracker pie crust (or make your own). Place in freezer until firm (we did for about an hour) When it is frozen it has the consistency of cheesecake. It was so good and fresh tasting. A great refreshing summer treat.

We kept in freezer and I even had a piece for breakfast. I recommend serving it with a little whip cream on top. I am also interested in trying it with a little raspberry topping or something, I think it could be "muy delicioso"!

1 comment:

Just Us said...

we are making it today to take to dinner at Grandma Kayes. Thanks!