Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend


I spent memorial day weekend in Richfield with my family. It had been too long since I had been to see everyone and it made for a nice little getaway. On Sunday, I took Morgan and Parker to the park to play. I love being with these kiddos. They had so much fun playing on the slides and the teeter totter. I had my camera and as soon as I brought it out they went crazy, running from me and trying to hide from the camera. Chasing them around was tiring but I got some great shots. I love Parker's expressions in these pictures.


We went to the cemetery and I had forgotten what a sight it can be over memorial day weekend.
A million bright colored flowers covering the grounds, and such a loving, peaceful feeling.
This is one of Grandpa Havolyn's favorite things to do each year.

I Love that guy. I am so grateful for the man that he is.
For the Grandpa that he has become over the years. I love it when I get ready to leave
and he gives me a big hug, then looks me right in the eye and says in a soft, loving voice,
"I love you, now don't let it be so long before you get back here."
I am blessed to have such great grandparents.

4 comments:

M. Owen said...

Haybug, that one made me tear up! Sweet Hay, sweet cousins, sweet grandparents. We are really blessed! I am glad that you got some R&R and some soul time with those who love you most. We are blessed to belong to such a wonderful fam. Wish I could have spent more time....little crazy. July will be here before we know it!

XOXOXO
mom

kate said...

he's a good guy...he's a real good guy

Just Us said...

we loved seeing you. we miss you.

the kids adore you because you take time to give them one on one and they LOVE that.

Thanks for a fun weekend.

Leslie Abraham said...

It was a GREAT weekend! Thanks!